Monday, December 10, 2007

Blog 6

It seems as if everything just flew by. My parents came and suddenly 10 days ran by like I turned around and poof, they were gone. Then Halloween party time rolled around that weekend in Avenue, Lan Kwai, my brother’s favorite place in Hong Kong. I stepped in there and forgot about who I was with and why, but that I was with Mody here just days past, not more than 7. It was somewhat painful for me to picture that very twitch in his eye as he stood by the same table I was glaring down, as he couldn’t get over the music, the DJ, and everything about the place. I was happier than he way because I he loved it, and he was having fun. But that Halloween was a blast, full of craziness and dancing and not knowing who people are behind their masks and others flaring their swords all over the place…um, yeah…and of course some throwing up and violence.
Side Note: The next biology class I would present the research I have done on the genetics of violence. As a matter of fact, a rare genetic variant causing MAO-A deficiency has been associated with violent behavior (in males). It’s all about the genes!

So it’s still Halloween and my roommate was having a fit when I returned to my dorm room. Well, she wasn’t in the room quite yet. She was still in the hall. May I add that, she was in the hall, flat on the floor, being dragged, by one of her guy friends, into the room? Perfect timing for me as I could actually be of some resource those first moments of awkwardness, aggressively holding the door open as I watched him continue drag her into the room. Basically she was belligerently drunk. Basically, she was crazy that night. God knows what happened to her, or of this actually happens to normal people when they get drunk. O MAN. She must of hit her own head, using her own strength I swear!!!, at least 20 times, maybe more, not less. I was playing ‘watch out’ and ‘big barrier’.

Every time I thought she was going to hit her stubborn-hard-head or crazy-elastic-arms or, dear heavens, those super-strong legs on something hard that she could shatter herself to pieces, I put my own hand between her and the object. One time I missed and boy did she bang her head on the edge of that rock bed like a bullet that popped right back at you from bullet-proof glass. I froze in my Halloween outfit, my face as white as my skirt and top, thinking she just killed herself. That resounding bang must’ve at least vibrated a little over 2 rooms on both sides of the corridor. Only then was I thankful for her kicks and screams and cries, or her dragging herself on the floor, or rolling herself out of bed after the 1000s times putting her on there again and again, or grabbing that stupid doorknob so she would get out back there and “DRINKKK”.

To make a 5 hour experience least dramatizing, I have to say that this incidence brought us closer together. I was really worried about her and was not upset at any of the throw up that infested our room that night (which I had to clean up myself, with my towel). I was very worried about her. As I put her to sleep, I started to learn what a new person my little Fiona could be, a person she probably doesn’t even know. She got me a HUGE Christmas present ad wrote me a super-long Christmas card (man, her English is good for the way she speaks), apologizing again for what happened. I told her she never has to though, I really love my roommate. She’s my first roommate ever!

And so was my Halloween only to be followed by some drama here and there with pretty much everything. From a Bubba Gump dinner on Victoria Peak to my last Paparazzi night in LanKwai to a 1st timer in Causeway Bay for convo dinner, it seemed like my life in Kong world was skipping over to the real deal. I felt so amazingly intrigued by this new home of mine, I’m truly in love with Hong Kong. The streets, the signs, MTR, Kowloon City, Wan Chai, the islands, I feel like I know it all, yet I know I pretty much know nothing and will regret all the things that I haven’t done forgetting what I did actually experience.

But that’s what a blog’s for eh?

No comments: